Size: 3.5 GB (1.8 GB via iTunes and then 1.7 GB required initial data. Both require high-speed WiFi to download, your home connection is recommended.)
Languages: English, French, Spanish
Seller: Rand McNally
© 2014 RM Acquisition, LLC d/b/a Rand McNally
Requirements: Compatible with iPad with iOS 4.0 and higher. GPS accessory required for Wi-Fi only models.
Turn your iPad into a fully functional, turn-by-turn GPS device built specifically for RVers. Rand McNally RV GPS is an on-board app that provides safe and easy routing customized for your RV. Unlike off-board navigation, the maps load on your iPad, providing access everywhere—even in remote areas where you may not have a cellular or Wi-Fi connection. Includes full mapping for the U.S. and Canada, plus an electronic version of Rand McNally’s Deluxe Midsize Road Atlas.
This app features RV-specific routing based on award-winning navigation from Rand McNally, the leader in North American maps and navigation. Find thousands of RV parks and campgrounds, RV-friendly locations, and RV trips. Use RVer tools to help plan and organize. Switch to car mode for everyday use.
Note: Like other navigation apps, active turn-by-turn navigation is enabled for iPad cellular models, but requires a GPS accessory for Wi-Fi only models. Trip planning and all other functions use built-in location services and run on both cellular and Wi-Fi only models.
Live information, along your route
· Weather—Show current conditions and forecast, or choose from 10 different map overlays, including precipitation and wind speed.
· Fuel prices—View fuel prices on the map, or search by price, distance, or brand. Includes prices for regular, premium, and diesel fuel.
· Integrated local search—Use keyword search, such as “pie,” for relevant results, or search by for any business by name. Then get RV-specific directions to that location with one quick tap.
• Safe and easy routing for 11 types of RVs, customized for the specific length, height and width of the vehicle
• Routing based on legal and physical restrictions, such as low bridges, weight limits, and propane restrictions, and favoring right- or left-hand turns depending on RV type, size and class
• Includes Lifetime Maps*
• Exits Quick View—Display amenities at upcoming exits
• Junction View with lane assist—Manage complex interchanges in 3D
• Warnings—Set alerts for speed limit changes, sharp curves, dirt roads, and other potential hazards
• Trails—Record a “bread crumb” path from the campsite, or a favorite shortcut
• Tap on the map—To route to or detour around any location
• Multi-stop routing—Enter to up to 50 locations in one trip, and auto-optimize up to 10 stops
• Route comparison—Choose between primary and alternate routes
• Car mode—Switch to car mode for your towed vehicle or for everyday use
• Millions of general and RV-specific points of interest, including campgrounds, travel centers, parks, restaurants and more
• Thousands of RV parks and campgrounds, including National and State Parks
• Good Sam® campground information (formerly Trailer Life and Woodall’s), with searchable amenities and ratings
• Pet-friendly locations
• Rand McNally Editor’s Picks, including Best of the Road® adventures, trips, and getaways
• RV checklists—Prepare for trip departure, campsite setup, and more. Or create your own lists.
• Address book—Sort by name, distance, or date added; create map icons and address book groups.
• Fuel logs—Track fuel purchases, including where purchased, gallons and total cost, and organize by date or state. Plus, keep track of fuel economy.
• Trip planning—Set start and end points wherever you choose, to plan a trip in advance.
• Quick Planner—Calculate time, distance, and cost for trips between any two locations.
• Rand McNally’s Deluxe Midsize Road Atlas—On board.
*Subject to the terms and conditions described at randmcnally.com/lifetimemaps